SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

Help with my flowerbed please! (pics)

aggierose
12 years ago

I posted this on the design forum, but thought I'd try here too because I'm trying to work in roses somehow. My house faces north so I have the problem of the plants at the foundation being in full shade for about 6 months, part sun for a few months, and full sun for about 4-6 weeks in the hottest part of our summer. I put azaleas along the foundation but the 2 that are in front of the bay window got scorched pretty bad last year. Can anyone help me with plants and layout? I'm at a total loss and my bed is a mess. I planted 4 peach drift roses about a month ago along the front edge. I have also purchased 5 Henry deulberg salvias to go behind the roses, but now I'm questioning that. The distance from the bay window to the edge of the bed is 7-8 feet. It's about 10 feet wide on each side. I'm just wanting to end up with a full flowerbed that is pretty, lush, and interesting. The stone border has to stay and the teddybear magnolia has to stay, but other than that, nothing is permanent. I have already planted purple and deep pink pentas around my trees and would like to plant a lot of them in the bed as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

{{gwi:26045}}

{{gwi:26047}}

{{gwi:26048}}

{{gwi:26050}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!