SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhaven_gw

Pics of front yard, some help and restraint?

greenhaven
16 years ago

Here are some pics of the front of my house. I have been here for a little over a year, and tore out many ugly, overgrown junipers and arborvitaes to create a clean pallette. I need some help and some boundaries, lol!

I already have many natives and perennials planted along the front of the house, but it is all sort of temporary. I am learning as I go, a little.

I would love to compliment my rose plantings with natives interspersed, and do NOT want to turn my front yard into Rose Land, HA!

Please note the large maple to the left (west of the house, and the dirt patch under it which is being turned into a shade bed in a couple weeks.

The front of the house is the south side. I love the old stonework of the entryway, and want to enhance rather than hide or detract from it. I would love to have a couple short sections of iron fence framing the walkway, with my first non-climbing rose plantings going there.

The space between the walkway and driveway is about 8 feet wide and about 28 feet long. I do not want to completely fill that in, want some grass to edge the driveway.

I could get really carried away, but I don;t want to go completely nuts. It is possible we would only be here four moe years, or so. But this lovely house sat empty for three whole years, and she could use a bit of a facelift.

I have a 'Jude the Obscure' coming in may, and might order another one to go in those front corners. I am also probably ordering a couple 'Ebb Tide' and would love to have a lighter colored rose between the two types as a transition.

To the right (east) of the entryway is where I want to plant my perfect, pink, romantic climber to train around the dining room window.

So. Whaddya think? This could go in design, but I would like to build the front around roses.

Pics:

{{gwi:253639}}

{{gwi:253640}}

{{gwi:253641}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional