SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieb2270

Short Disease Resistant OGR

natalieb2270
14 years ago

Hello everyone! As I sit here with tornado and flash flood warnings, being kept inside has me planning (or plotting as my DH says) on new places for roses in our yard. My husband loves having grass to cut, so I am really trying to keep from pulling up all of our yard for roses hehe.

So, he pointed out a beautiful place for some roses where the walkway curves from the driveway to the front door. I would love to put some roses there, but I would want them to be 3' or less. I still want people to be able to see the front door over the roses. Anyone have any good suggestions of a short antique? It doesn't have to be an OGR but I do not want an HT, I want something bushy and leafy. I have started a list from Jean's no spray list (I live in Nashville), so if anyone has these roses and can attest to the height and attributes, that would be fantastic. I would like something that has at least good disease resistance, I am willing to spray but don't want to have crummy looking rose bushes right in front where everyone can see lol.

The short list I have so far is:

Christopher Marlowe (sold locally in 3gal. which is nice)

Clotilde Soupert

Ducher

Mystic Beauty (Maybe too much like my SDLM's)

Madame Camille

Hermosa

Gruss an Aachen

I've seen pappu's mass planting of carefree wonder, which I loved (who doesn't!) and I would like to have that effect in this area, I will only be planting 3 or 4 roses, depending on their width, but you get the idea :) Thanks everyone,

Natalie

Comments (18)