SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karlbader

Troy Bilt Horse... Part help!

karlbader
15 years ago

Hey All!

FIrst off I would like to say I'm new to this forum but am already seeing a wealth of information I can use and a thank you in advance for all that info! I did a search for this topic and came up negative.

I have an OLD Troy Bilt Horse I bought on Craigslist for next to nothing because it didn't run. It's motor needs some help which I am working on, but the current kick in the pants is the tines. The tine holders were taken off and I am missing the bolts and the half-moon pieces that held them on. Any ideas on what the proper bolt size is? I talked to someone in parts at MTD with no help. Since I have no serial number they pretty much tossed me by the wayside. They also said the bolts were no longer available and they couldn't tell me the size...

So aside from walking into a hardware store with my tiller I am wondering what the proper size bolt is for this aplication? My bolts bolt from the end of the tine holder onto the center of the shaft, and a half moon piece of metal keeps it from turning freely.

Any ideas to what is the right size would be helpful. Also any ideas on where I can find the half moon pieces?

Thanks in advance!

Karl

Comments (3)