SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

An electric chainsaw can be as aggressive.

loger_gw
11 years ago

I was surprised a 12" electric chainsaw could be as aggressive as a gas saw with the right chain. Basically no effort, as the chips were flying during very aggressive cutting w/o working the saw's position. I will say this was 10" dia green Fruitless Mulberry. I feel it will be aggressive enough on dry oak as my 10" Remington Pole Saw, that's just shorter. My experiment paid off from taking what appeared to be a heavier cutting chain from a 14-16" gas saw and fitting it to a 12 bar and sprocket on the electric saw that matched the sprockets?? It could be that the like new chain was sharper. I feel the like new chain had less drag form the chain's rivets with the longer teeth outside the rivets (that eliminated working the saw).

My trend has always been to cut, store and burn the bulk wood 16 - 18" long. Recently I decided to re-cut much of the wood in half when I am ready to burn it since the fire is un-attended more now. Since 1990 LOL! Cut short is not good for safe stacking/storing but short wood falls in the bed of coal vs away as it burns. The beds of coals are on a tubular grate that sends heat out when the doors are closed and the fire is un-attended. The electric aggressive chainsaw is handier for re-cutting, "Just In Time About every Two Weeks" than a gas saw. Not to mention the needed exercise on fair 35 - 40 degree days.

Comments (9)