SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

oops a garden without pink roses!

serenasyh
15 years ago

Everyone, I am still crazy over hybrid teas. I suddenly realized that I have too many strong colors (purples from my lavender, red from my Lincolns, poppylike-orange hues from my gladiolus, and of course Sutter's Gold). I would like a pink Hybrid Tea rose to soften things up. One of my tree roses passed away, so there is only one pink left (from my tree rose-it is making an amazing recovery, but I am not sure how much it will bloom because of the ice storm trauma- so again I may end up without pink). Plus I have 2 separate lots-one at the back of the house and one in front of the house. Again fragrance is very important to me... I don't want a strong dark pink (magenta purple pink) but neither do I want a faded pink because that would be too pale next to the Lincolns. Think bubble gum pink, the pink you see in baby showers, a pink bathrobe, that sort of pink... What would be a good fragrant hybrid tea rose pink? The location would be directly facing the East rising sun. We do get hot dry summers but I will be sure to water the roses. Winters here really aren't that bad, but what makes it bad is the sudden awful fluctuations (mild winter then sudden cold/ice storms that hit out-of-the-blue). So hardiness is an issue. Photos or photo links would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

Comments (19)