SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oneplant_twoplant

Plant Theft!

oneplant_twoplant
14 years ago

Within the past year, we have had several plants stolen from our yard. Right after we moved in, 2 recently planted azaela bushes disappeared, leaving us only holes in the ground. An aloe plant we planted was also dug up, but the hole covered back over with dirt and mulch. We also had a hibiscus plant removed from the front of our house, but it was nearly dead, so we thought it was the pesky HOA who thought it was ugly, or the new neighbors across the street who were tired of waiting for our nurturing of the plant to take affect.

Finally, both in the past week, we have had two plants carefully dug up and dirt covered back over. We had a marjoram plant dug up out of our herb garden, and amongst the herbs we have, we considered it an odd choice. We also noticed our oregano and thyme (on either side of the marjoram) were trimmed back significantly.

Just today, we had a pepper plant go missing - along with its identify tag in the ground!

Our neighbors are very nice, and I'd hate to think its them stealing our plants...but...where do these plants disappear to? The person(s) stealing our plants is very selective, and carefully digging them up and recovering the hole.

I'm upset and feel a little violated. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas to prevent this from continuing? Is there anyone I can report this to?

Thanks.

Comments (4)