SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayan_gw

Legal Theft Deterrents? Like, say, electrical fences?

kayan
18 years ago

Hi there fellow Californians.

It seems that every once in a while when I step outside to look at the little planter box at the front of my house my blood pressure rises.

Today I found that the thief has yet again snapped off a Dahlia, a few Daffodils, and even DUG UP a Daffodil bulb. She is getting way too bold. (We know it's a she because my parents have seen her snapping off our flowers. I'm still angry that my dad decided to say nothing the first time and didn't nip it in the bud.) Daffodils are plentiful and the bulbs are only 25 cents around here. I planted them as an experiment and can't believe she would go as far as digging them out. Now I know I can't plant ANYTHING with flowers there.

What to do?! The front of the house only has the small planter box which was built into the wall and it's the only place that gets full sun so you can imagine how many things I want to plant there, but can't because of this thief (or maybe these thieves).

I'm in San Francisco. Are there laws against using electrical shock to protect your property or am I just really daydreaming my vengance? If anyone has any clever device, structure, or idea I would really really appreciate it. If not, I suppose I'd have to resort to pulling everything out and just planting thistle or something. But ooooh I really want to catch this repeating offender red-handed, camera in hand!

Thanks for reading, folks. Think the blood's thinned back a bit. ;)

Comments (39)