SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northtexasdude

feeling in the dumps, new roses, need your opinions!

northtexasdude
12 years ago

2 months ago I had to say good-bye to my roses and my house in north Texas(zone 7b). My job has me in hot west Texas for the next 2 years (zone 8b). I rented out my home to a very nice couple that love gardening, and promise to take care of the property which contains about 40 varieties of roses. When I moved I took with me the 3 potted roses I had: Blush Noisette, Easy does it, and either Julia Childs or Cinco de Mayo (I'll know as soon as it blooms). I miss my house and roses so much, but I am going to make do with the current situation. I am going to order some bands from RVR and start a container garden. Then, when it is time to move back to north Texas, I will take these with me and plant them in the ground at the new house I end up buying. This decision has lifted my spirits. So now, I need to pick 4 from the list below. Can you please help steer me one way or another with any of these? I have never grown any of them and am thrilled at the possibilities. I am not partial to color, but appreciate fragrance and re-bloom. Please chime in! Isn't it funny how a few new roses can really lift your spirits?

ardoisee de lyon

baronne prevost

buff beauty

duchesse de rohan

excellenz von schubert

francis dubreuil

gilbert nobonnand

graham thomas

heritage

la marne

lavendar lassie

william shakespeare

secret garden musk (i think i really want this one)

autumn sunset (i think i really want this one too)

sunny side up

Comments (16)