SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephaniesgarden

Oh no! Something is wrong with my new rose! Please help!

stephaniesgarden
15 years ago

My hubby bought me a miniature rose for Valentines Day. It came from Winn-Dixie, and was beautiful. It had 11 blooms all together, open and closed. Well I have had it about 2 weeks now and all of the sudden 3 days ago it started going down hill fast. The leaves started falling off, turning yellow, and the buds started turning brown. I have watered it but I don't think I over watered it. It was drying out pretty quickly so I kept adding a little water when it would dry out. It looks like it just planted in peat moss in the pot. Could that be what it is? (I did notice a sticker on the bottom that was a store sticker that said " remove from display by Feb 17th.) I thought that maybe they new something I didn't know about this rose or that maybe it was because it was in peat moss and it would die if left that way.

I have since, cut all the buds off of it, open and closed since they were all starting to wilt.

This really sucks because this was a beautiful mauve colored rose. Not sure of the name though.

I had also pollenated two of the buds....guess that isn't going to work too well.

Any suggestions as to what could be going on or what to do with it? it has really gone down hill and lost almost all of it's leaves in about 3-4 days!

Comments (4)