SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

What plants do you miss?

mxk3 z5b_MI
16 years ago

I've grown plants in the past that I currently don't have for various reasons, and I really miss some of them.

Veronica is the first one that springs to mind. Oh, how I adore veronica!! Blue Charm was a real stunner in my garden. I had to remove it though, because as some trees matured, they cast too much shade and blooming went down, and that nasty mildew went up. They were in a prominent spot around my patio, so I couldn't tolerate the mildewed foliage anymore.

Shasta daisies are another one. Now, any fool can grow a shasta daisy but they just will not establish at the house I'm in. They grew like crazy at my other house, and everyone else's house, but over here - they never return for a second season. Exception was a few Snow Lady I had around my front porch. Other than that, no matter how many times I tried and no matter where I located the plants I'd buy - they died on me. My favorite was "Aglaya" (? spelling) .

I also miss my weeping tree roses. I used to grow them in large decorative pots and keep them in the garage overwinted, and they were just gorgeous. But unfortunately I have too much shade now around my patios, and the look of them wouldn't work in my sunny beds.

On the bright side, I do have a much wider variety of plants at the house I'm in now (partly due to conditions, partly due to having more experience under my belt and branching out), and I am quite happy with how my perennial beds have evolved over the years. I just miss my veronica....

Comments (16)