SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

What plant do you miss growing?

mxk3 z5b_MI
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

For me, it is veronica. "Lavender Charm" was my favorite. I don't have that much sunny real estate in my beds and it's all pretty much accounted for, no room for a nice stand of veronica. IME these just did not flower well in part sun. I really enjoyed them and if I ever get that acreage I want I'll grow them again (if there's some sun on that acreage, anyway).

Also, daisies. Oh, they do ok in part sun but there is just something about the soil at this house that daisies just do not like - and I've lost count of the times I've tried. I've taken to just buying a pot in bloom at the nursery mid summer and sticking that inside a decorative pot and plopping it out in the garden or on the patio somewhere in full view. Problem solved. :ob

Oh, and vegetables. Like I said, not a lot of sun. I do have a small area for vegetables, but I primarily grow tomatoes (there are not many things as satisfying as standing amidst the plants and eating perfectly ripe tomatoes right off the vine warmed by the summer sun...). A few other veggies, too, but not room for much. The herbs do well though. I had a nice vegetable garden at my other house, and I do miss that.

Comments (8)