SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosesinny

Growth habit re: Archduke Charles, Louise Phillipe, Cramoisi Sup

rosesinny
15 years ago

I moved some roses and now I want a smaller rose to put into a space recently vacated. The choices so far are Cramoisi Superieur, Louise Phillip, and Archduke Charles.

Of these, it seems that people report Cramoisi Superieur growing the largest? Is that correct?

My main concerns besides size are thorniness and disease resistance. I'm not going to spray it, so I want something that won't defoliate. And I also want something that I can walk by without getting snagged. Actually, I also want something that doesn't duplicate too many other roses that I have already. So my interest in Cramoisi Superieur was based on that, plus the fact that I don't have any Chinas.

But it seems relatively similar to Mons Tillier - kind of a dark pink multi petal bloom on a plant that can get pretty large. Is that correct? Because it's going next to it and if it is that big, I need something smaller.

Any thoughts on Archduke Charles or Louise Phillipe?

Unfortunately, I can't go out and look at a specimen around here or I would, rather than ask. But if anyone is in a similar climate, esp east coast, I'd appreciate any notes.

Comments (24)