SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Interesting roses at Home Depot

bethnorcal9
16 years ago

I ran in to see what they had before going grocery shopping (and trying to get home before the Super Bowl). Been going in for weeks, and no packaged bareroots. They're really late this season. They used to always carry J&P and Coiner roses, but not this yr. I had talked to a Coiner rep last week about possibly carrying their roses in the store, but was told it was too late to order bareroots, that we'd have to go with potted roses. I asked how come HD still didn't have anything yet. He told me their corporate, at least on the west coast apparently, only wanted to order what they sold last yr. Guess sales are down. So I guess they didn't order from Coiner, or J&P. He said they lost the HD account.

So, anyway, they had a smattering of roses from Great Western Roses in Arizona. Mostly the old standbys... and a few newer roses. Most notably, I grabbed two that I just tried to get from Hortico, but they can't get them this yr (supposedly)... OPERETTA and MAGIC BEAUTY. Then I also grabbed one called DELIGHT. Looks like it's the older climber from 1909 that's got semi-double red blooms. It didn't say on the package that it was a climber.... I don't think anyway. Thought I'd give it a try. They also had the lovely lavender ht called MONET, which I know some of you have been looking for for awhile. Oh, and I remember someone here was asking about a climber called SERAPE. They had it too. Looks to be a solid red. Don't know if all the HD's will carry these roses or not, but the Chico one is where I went. I'll post pics when these babies bloom!! They were nice and healthy, and not waxed.

Comments (15)