SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreark

Re: 2 older msgs., Young Lycidas & Munstead Wood Bare Root

andreark
10 years ago

I had answers from 2 of ya'll about my questions on these roses.

The first was from campanula UK Cambridge about Young Lycidas. I was asking what to do with this rose that had brown and yellowed small crinkled leaves. Mr. C from Cambridge said that YL leaves were always small and crinkled. Well, the yellowed and brown part went away and the leaves are all green now, but guess what, campanula was CORRECT! The leaves are all small and crinkled....Not very attractive but at least they're green. Thanks campanula..

The second is in response to Roseseek about the attached photo of my bare root Munstead Wood.

This photo was taken on Feb 1 after I had added a collar and more potting soil tot protect the rose. Kim said that this would allow the roots to grow. And that when the canes started to sprout new leaves, I could take the collar off. There were many new shoots on the canes, but I didn't have a chance to ask if the plant was ready to have the collar removed, my 4 legged brat did it for me. He upended both pots and all the soil fell out! (anyone want a VERY cute little monster?) Anyway, he didn't chew or otherwise damage the plant, but the roots were exactly the same as when it arrived. No growth at all. Only the canes were sprouting. I repotted the plant, collar and all. I will leave it in it's collar till I see significant growth....(Is that correct, Kim?)

andreark

Comments (6)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals