SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meadow_lark

Snow Plow 1 / Gardener 0 - Starting over

meadow_lark
14 years ago

Well - IÂve been trying to get ideaÂs from yaÂll for my front bed, which was planted with 3 dwarf Alberta spruces, and some knockout roses that were too tall, and were swallowing the poor spruces.

This past weekend, we had a 12-14 inch snow. Although I had rocks and an 18-inch wrought-iron fence around the bed Âthe snow plow murdalated it! The knockouts are crushed, and 2 of the 3 spruces are laying on their sides  one busted, one split at the base.

So  IÂm going to redo the entire bed. Some people have given my some great suggestions on low-growing (2 foot high) roses that sprawl. IÂm looking for red/ no fragrance/disease resistant/re-blooming, and will get hot purchasing the replacements as soon as the weather warms up. I also intend on replacing the spruces, as it was a really great look. Just not sure about what roses IÂll end up with.

IÂll redo the edging - but not sure of what I can use that will stand up to the vicious plow monster!

The bright orange snow sticks did NOT deter the snow plows! (big frown and boo-boo faceÂ) Meadow Lark

Comments (7)