SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janis_g

Christmas trees

15 years ago

I finally made the dreaded trip to the storage buildings and after climbing and falling over box after box in three

of those buildings, I found a tree and boxes of decorations.

I stared at a bare tree for a few days and finally got up the nerve to tackle the job with Katrina's help.

It reaches to the ceiling so the beautiful big angel that usually adorns the top has to sit this Christmas out. I put a star in the front part of the tree top and it will have to do.

My living room and dining room look like a whirlwind made it's rounds tossing bits of red and green ribbon, wreaths and decorations all over.

I woke up this morning and something or someone had stolen my voice and left nothing but a high squeak in it's place.

To beat it all, I had an early appointment with the doctor to get a shot in a very painful hip. I'd really like to get through Christmas without that Chester (from Gunsmoke) limp.

When I got to the doctor's office, I pointed to my throat and whispered that I had lost my voice. They put me in a room and brought me a big mug filled with coffee.

I got my shot and drove over to our family doctor to see if Neil was ready to come home. He had decided at the last minute since I was going to the doctor that he had lost his hearing in his right ear and maybe it needed to be washed out. I pointed out to him that he didn't have an appointment but he said he's just go and see anyway.

When I got there he was sitting in a chair usually reserved for lab work.

They explained to me that there was so many patients that it would be awhile, I tried to get Neil to go to lunch and then come back in the afternoon but he was a man on a mission. Finally our sweet nurse took him to a room, looked in his ears and said he was fine.

Guess what, tomorrow we're going to the ENT doctor.

I suspect he has some nerve damage and there won't be anything that can be done.

I just hope I get my voice back by tomorrow, it sucks eggs to try and answer a telephone with no voice. In the meantime, I'm looking at recipes and wondering what to do with all that Christmas stuff taking up space in the rest of the house.

My neighbor stopped me this afternoon to tell me he loved the Pumpkin Cream Caramel cake I took to him Thanksgiving.

He said "Jan, you're a good cook." It kinda made my day.

I'm going to go sit in a steaming shower, take drugs and go to bed. Shoot, I might just rub some Vicks on my goozle and wrap my throat in a warm piece of flannel before I lay me down to sleep.

How are the decorations coming along in your house?

I've bought one present. Does that even count?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
More Discussions