SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

Christmas in January (aka, My Sequoia Order Arrived Today)

hartwood
16 years ago

The UPS guy sure looked a lot like Santa as he dropped my Sequoia order off on the porch a couple of hours ago. I had been working on a list of roses to order from them later in the year. The announcement that they're closing (and the resulting frenzy of roses selling out that has occurred since the announcement) forced me send them my entire list instead of doing it in installments. Oh, my aching credit card.

Here's what was in the box:

Aimee Vibert Scandens

Alba Odorata

Allgold, climbing

Arrigalla

Atomic White

Augustine Guinoisseau

Baby Cecile Brunner

Captain Christy

Crested Sweetheart

Dancing Doll

Diamond Jubilee

Elegant Design

Fakhir's Delight

Georgetown

Golden Glow

Grandmother's Hat

Grandma's Pink

Gruss an Coburg

Gruss an Teplitz

Isabella Skinner

James Bougault

Joseph Gordeau

La France

Los Angeles

Lyon Rose

Mme. Elise de Vilmorin

Mme. A. Labbey

Mme. Berard

Mme. Désiré Giraud

Muriel Humenick

Out of the Night

Pink Powederpuff

Pink Surprise

Precious Dream

Renae

Schultheis' American Beauty

Secret Garden Noisette

Sequoia Ballet

Thanks to Sue

Vanguard

Victoriana

Vintage Visalia

Yellow Sweetheart

Any comments you all may have about any of these would sure be helpful.

My garden is a collector's garden. I choose whatever interests me, especially if it's unusual or has historical significance. As I was going through the website finalizing my order last month, I paid particular attention to roses that were pretty much only available at Sequoia. We'll see how well these all do when I get them planted in the garden in the spring. Until then, they will spend the winter planted in 3.5" deep-pots under grow lights in my garage. All the other roses are happy out there -- I'm sure the new California babies will fit right in.

Connie

(oh goodie, more roses!)

P.S. I particularly want to know anything you have about Shultheis' American Beauty?

Comments (21)