SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tibs_gw

Another cooking topic

tibs
17 years ago

It seems that there is a new franchise out that lets people make home cooked meals. A person selects a menu for a week, a month, what ever, the number of people to be served, goes to this place and all the stuff is cut up and ready to go and you cook it there and it is packaged up and you take it home and pop it in your freezer to use at your convenience. Sounds like a way to learn cooking and to socialize, and it is suppose to be cheaper than eating out. Ok. What I don't understand is the one stay at home mother of 3 who was quoted as not having time to cook. You are a stay at home mother and you can't even find a 1/2 hour to fix a meal (her words)? I figure that either she totally can't cook, or totally hates to cook, or is incapable of doing anything when her children are at home. Geeze, I work full time and my family eats home cooked meals all the time. My m-il had four kids and very little money and they ate well every meal. She also worked part time. It is amazing what she could do with 10 #'s of ground chuck for a weekk of meals. Meat loaf, chili, sloppy joes, swedish meatballs, spaghetti. I remember on their 30 anniversery she was calculating how many meatloafs she had made in her married life and it was almost 5000. Yikes. That is a lot of meatloaf. But she made very good meatloaf.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions