SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organicgardendreams

What can you tell me about Mme. Ernst Calvat?

Mme. Ernst Calvat is a rose that is hard to beat in its beauty in terms of the flowers in my opinion. For some reasons it is not often talked about and I am having trouble finding more detailed information.

I got this rose from a befriended Rosarian and first was quite skeptical about how it would behave in my garden since Bourbons are not supposed to do well here in Southern California. But after observing it growing for almost a year in a pot I am ready to give it a try in the ground. It flowered a lot in the container so far, but at certain times in the season the foliage becomes somewhat diseased (I am gardening organically and I don't spray). But the affected leaves turn yellow and soon shed themselves cleanly from the bush and then the rose is quickly building new ones and everything is fine again. So it seems that for me this temporary minor disease problem is tolerable.

I would love to read what your experience is with Mme. Ernst Calvat. I am also especially interested to hear about its mature size, since I would like to give it enough room and don't want to be in the situation that I have to move it later. Any information and of course photos are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

Comments (10)