SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Of course I'll do it.

gandle
17 years ago

Was surprised to have been asked to be a pall bearer for an acquaintence this morning. His funeral will be in about an hour and 45 minutes. We really weren't friends, in fact we almost never agreed on anything. We both had served 2 terms on the city council, my first term overlapping his second. Our views on practically everything were opposite and some rather heated arguments took place. We also served on a board and several committees at the church we both attended. This is not to say that I didn't respect him and his intellect but such an acerbic personality if you didn't agree with him.

Leone has been at the church for a couple of hours, it is the turn of her circle to prepare the luncheon and cake and coffee later. Wish there was a way I could get out of attending the luncheon, I hate the chicken and rice with broccoli casserole they have been asked to serve, of course there will be the stadard jello salads with grated carrots and pineapple in it which I dislike even more than the casserole.

Really, the man was very good for the community and the church and I will be a pallbearer to honor his service to all of us but when it comes time for me to check out there will be no funeral or fuss, just graveside service for family and no chicken, rice broccoli casserole. I will leave enough for all of the family to meet at a good restaurant and have a few drinks and a good meal on me. Enough, best go dig out a suit and tie and get ready. Seems as though this is getting to be a regular activity anymore.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions