SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Weekend Journal 12 October 2009

rob333 (zone 7b)
14 years ago

Saturday morning, I picked LF up from an all night birthday party for W at the Adventure Science Center. The kids had a blast!!! LF and his girlfriend from kindergarten P, stayed up all night. They looked like heck, but were very happy. I took LF out for breakfast and then ran errands. It was Ed's birthday, so we called him; he was open to having LF hang out with him. We met and the Eds went to play while I worked on the house some more. I finished building the bar (tiling mostly) inbetween the kitchen and living room. I sanded the mudded drywall on the ceiling and then I painted. I did put up some crown molding and some baseboard. As I was sweeping up the drywall, LF came home and it was bedtime. Time flew! I never did eat lunch. For dinner, I think I downed a slice of meatloaf and drank a glass of milk.

Sunday, I painted some more and then cleaned like wildfire; everyone was coming for LF's birthday. LF wanted to make his own cake and he picked Devil's food with fudge icing. It had to be bundt so he could frosting in the well. He was trying to make one of those molten lava cakes (I think I'll have to get him to make one so he can see how one really works.). Everyone kept saying did I make the cake and seemed surprised he did. He did learn not to start the hand mixer unless it's in the bowl first ;) After everyone left, I cut the grass, swept and cleaned off the muddy front porch, swept the leaves off the back porch and then shined up the glass top table. I put boxes in the office in the corner. I'd meant to put them in the attic, but changed my mind upon seeing the current mess. I put some upstairs and then stacked the rest. I didn't paint anything more. I did clean and put the refinishing product on one section of the living room floor. It looks awesome! I really wanted the house to be done for the appraiser who comes in another 89 minutes, but they'll just have to understand I am finishing the cosmetic stuff, right now. Besides, the house is clean which is probably more than most people do! Step 2 on the road to keeping my house is almost done. I almost have my life back. I'm amazed how little there is to do now. I will continue to paint, put up trim work, and clean the floors, but pretty much, I'm done. I folded the laundry and ate the last of the meatloaf while watching Footloose with LF. Guess I'll have to cook for real tonight. And I have the time and energy to do it. Ah.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions