SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Weekend Journal October 16-18, 2009

rob333 (zone 7b)
14 years ago

I got my H1N1 shot on Friday and ended up leaving work early as it caused me much discomfort. First, I had aches all over and then it triggered a fever. Had I not already taken ibuprofen, I could've taken acetaminophen and avoided the three hours of the fever. My head felt woozly though and so being at work wasn't a good idea. I sat on the couch and LF hung out with me as he's out of school; Friday was an in service day. My oldest brother worked on the Miata some more. Still not fixed. I should have an all new car by the time he's done! We've poured more money and time into that sucker, UGH! After my fever broke, LF left with his dad, and my brother got fed up and left, I made a four layer, orange sponge cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Next time, less flour, more liquid and more orange extract. It had an orange flavor, but too delicate to stand up to the chocolate frosting. And darker chocolate on the frosting. But it's ok. Then I took a long hot bath in my soaker tub. One of those thing I must do in case I never get to do it again, or not for a very long time, well, in the event I must sell the current house.

Saturday, I decided I've done so much on the house, and am actually at the point of thinking, no, that's done already... that I went out to lunch with the gals and then to Goodwill. Had chicken salad croissant and the house salad. Bought three brass containers, a grey sweater, and a houndstooth purse. After they dropped me back at the house, I sat on the couch and did nothing but watch tv. Ate a bit of the cake and some teriyaki chicken with steamed rice. In that order. I still ached from the shot.

Sunday, I decided not to deny that I wanted to work on the house. I went to the boxstore and said, I don't know how to caulk. Yes, I know I can frame, drywall, lay tile, put in a subfloor, plumbing... but I had to admit I didn't know. And that's all that's left to make things look terrific. They taught me how to use the gun, that I bought, then I picked out some pansies, and also got some more joint compound to finish the last two coats on the kitchen ceiling. After I got home, I put some pansies in the brass containers and put them on the window sill in a sort of "window box" style. They made me smile. Then I caulked (I first wrote, tried to caulk, which was wrong because I did do it! gotta get over that insecurity) the kitchen ceiling where the trim met it, and to make the paneling meet up right. I was excited that it looked so much better! I'd go from planting pansies to caulking. Or planting pansies and putting more drywall mud on the ceiling. I ended the night with doing all of the bathroom ceiling and trim that has been undone since Ed left. A year now. Pretty dang soon, all that will be left is to wait and wait and wait for the appraiser, and to try to tell myself to get on with living as though the house is already re-written as mine. To just believe it in my heart of hearts. Because it is.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions