SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 18 July 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary! Yea!

We're looking hard into finding the person who owns our dream house so that we can buy it from her. She is nowhere to be found. We have her name from the tax assessor's office. We did also look around the area and more are to be had in our price range, but her house has 2 acres of land inside the city. That's pretty hard to come by. It has so much potential I've spent the last few nights drifting off thinking about what I'd do to the exterior/interior with different finishes. Should we do the red tile roofing with black wrought iron flourishes or is that the Mexican influence from my childhood yelling out? Or maybe it should be Georgian style with gray house, black shutters and crisp white wood abounding? Then confirming myself, after all, it's a more traditional house in a conservative neighborhood. Nah, maybe it should be...

I'm itching like crazy, have a hive on my face, and totally wonder how I ever did without allergy and asthma medication before. I've quit taking it because they're going to perform a methacholine challenge on me next Wednesday. When I originally went in for diagnosing, they said I sounded like I had asthma and noted that asthma medication works for me, but I was able to pass the breathing test well. I'd taken medication four hours prior and it "shouldn't have" interfered, but I truly feel like it did. So now I am making ultra-certain by not taking anything whatsoever beginning Monday (the 16th). Well, except that a storm front passed through yesterday and I absolutely could NOT breathe, so did do the inhaler twice (they tell me I can take up to 2 hours before and it won't interfere so few days shouldn't matter). Although, you won't catch me doing it on the day before/day of the test. I need for them to get this under control; not breathing is horrible!!!

We go on vacation in 17 more days, but we're not ready yet. I've registered and paid for my classes at school (two down, six to go). Some days I think "The heat is unbearable and normally not seen like this until August, so I wonder what the next two months will bring?" and sometimes I think "I've always wanted to live some place tropical and this is kinda like that, 'cept no water". LF is swimming like a fish and can't get enough at camp during the week, so we still go swimming on the weekend; so is everyone else (there wasn't "just" a line to ride the water slide. First you stood in a line to get the tubes, then the incredibly long line for the slide)! Ed is loving his job and even said "but I don't wanna change jobs" when I suggested he look at the beginning of the year so that he could be paid appropriately. That's a first time since we've been married, a great landmark and I'm proud of him. Just tidbits these days, but traveling down the path of least resistance during these lazy days of summer makes the most sense.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions