SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 11 February 2009

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

We went to bed the night before expecting the strong winds to hit here about 8AM. It was an educated guess based on past experience (In retrospect, the press put it here between 9AM-12PM, so I was close). After getting showered, dressed, and lunches made, we turned on the tv to see the storm's progress and nada, nothing, zip, zilch, zero. Not on any channels, local, national, or otherwise. Shrug? I was bewildered by the lack of reporting on a storm that left people dead in Oklahoma and headed for us. Allrighty then.

Work was busy busy busy. I was glad I didn't have to go to class last night. I was a day off on Tuesday, as I'd thought it was Wednesday all day long. Ever do that? I was convinced it was Wednesday. For me, Wednesday is like Friday this semester... so I had "two Fridays" (one on Tuesday and again on Wednesday) midweek this week. It was a nice thought to keep me moving from project to project, looking forward to an unhurried pace at home later. At work, on top of my regular duties, we're working on a couple of book chapters, so I am getting a tad behind on meeting organization. This semester, Tuesdays and Thursdays are filled with a blip of work, a blip of a drive, a blip of class, and then sail into the evening. Fast paced and I am glad because it's make my last few days into graduation pass quickly. I love to be busy with productive work. It leaves my relaxation time truly relaxing and whistling while I work. Heck, it's my life and that's how I like it. Went to pick up the LF and found downed branches all over with really strong winds blowing. It was a clear sky, but brisk and blustery.

I got home and LF read his chapter to me, as required to do for homework. The cable guy came, and I poured myself a sip of champagne. That's my new thing. I'd rather have a sip here and there just whenever than a whole glass once a month. I love it and right now, it's just the right dash of fun. The kitties were chasing each other, but it was getting heated. They got entangled into one ball with back feet batting and teeth on each other's necks. That was too much for me, so I put one in the bathroom to cool down; it did. The cable guy came up from under the house and informed me there were two leaks and he was leaving. That dampened me a bit. We had just ordered pizza, so a Scarlett O'Hara mixed with Rhett Butler came over me, "Frankly my dear... I'll think about that tomorrow". Today, the handyman is coming to put up my bedroom door. And I'll fur out a couple of studs for my brother to move the electrical panel that he'll upgrade while he moves it. So I haven't been working on the house since school began, but I will be this weekend. I was putting up joint compound on my bedroom wall to make it look like venetian plaster and to marry the drywall wall with the old plaster walls, and that is nagging at me to be finished. Maybe next weekend. The rest of the stuff that is left? Odds and ends except the kitchen. Mark moving the electrical panel will enable that project to go forward when I am ready. Some done, some left, and getting really close to finishing school and the house. Gotta go get work done so I can go to class and talk about John Locke, the grandfather of all American modern thought.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions