SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jongoldman_gw

My KBG Renovation @ Day 44 - Feedback appreciated

jongoldman
16 years ago

Looking for feedback as to what you folks think of my KBG Renovation at Day 44. I started late as my mid-August renovation didn't turn out as I had liked (and I didn't have the guts then to RU to lawn). I still have some sparse areas and figure I only have about 5-10 days of real growing weather (although the hill you see in these photos faces southwest and tends to stay much warmer than any other area of my property).

Specifically, I'm curious if you think:

1) The areas between my front steps fill in? It's very difficult to grow seed there as people (my kids) keep stepping off the bluestone.

2) Will the various bare areas fill in or am I going to have to re-seed in the spring (which is always a challenge and seem to cause disease problems as you have to water so much, especially with KBG).

3) Is this typical for 7 weeks. I had to reapply seed once after a huge rainstorm wiped out a lot of the little sprouts (you can see the storm damage in the album).

4) Any advice going into the winter? Based on the weather forecast(s) I'm expecting to be winterizing in about 2-3 weeks (right around thanksgiving).

I put a 1/2 dose starter down at around Day 10 and Ringer Organic Lawn Food on about Day 28.

http://gallery.mac.com/jongoldman#100037

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Comments (9)