SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kuriooo

2nd year with same problems... help!

kuriooo
15 years ago

Hi,

I"m relatively new to gardening and can't figure out what the exact issues going on in my garden.

For the past 2 years I've planted starter seedlings such as kale, tomatos, cucumbers, strawberries and bell peppers.

Only the cherry tomatoes have produced well, the other varieties seemed to produce 1-2 tomatoes per vine, or none at all.

Cucumbers grew some but the actual cucumber never grew beyond an inch or so. Bell peppers grew a little, never produced fruit. The strawberries are multiplying, but producing few berries. The asparagus is in its 3rd (or more year) but is so skinny it looks like pencil stalks. I haven't cut it, per advice.

Last year we mixed compost into the soil, and overwintered with straw on top to help everything break down. This summer we planted white clover on top to help add nutrients...

Besides the soil test I'll get next spring, any ideas as to why my veggies seem to grow only a little and produce almost nothing?

Are there other questions or areas I should be looking at a little deeper but am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County