SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newlyorganic

new grass--what should I expect by now?

newlyorganic
14 years ago

The front of my lawn that bordered the road was mostly crabgrass (like 2 feet wide across the whole length of my lawn), so I killed it all with Roundup in August, dug it up, added some topsoil with starter fertilizer and reseeded. I used a drought tolerant pure KBG. My front lawn is a KGB mix but the only parts that do well, front lawn or back, are the KBG parts.

I reseeded at the start of September and it's been a month. It initially seemed to do really well but it seems to have hit a roadblock and I'm concerned about it's progress. It's about 1/2 inch high and has sprouted everywhere but you can still see soil in many areas. It's looked about the same for at least a week or two. It's color is concerning--pale green and some spots are turning yellow. In the past week I fed it with Scotts Organic Choice which I know will take a little time to kick in, but I'm concerned the lawn won't have enough growth by the time our first frost rolls around. It just seems so short compared to results I've had from previous seedings with KBG. Anything else I should do? I cut back on water a little bit (was watering a lot), but we are getting soaked this weekend.

I'm feeling frustrated because I put a lot of work into it!

Comments (6)