SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryanne_nc

The Babies are Here!

maryanne_nc
17 years ago

Big smile on my face right now! Two beautiful and healthy kittens were just born, the first arriving at 8:37 pm, the second at 8:40 pm. First born, who is currently black but may be a calico like her mum, is a screamer, she (he?) definitely has a healthy set of lungs! Second born is a marmalade baby and so quiet I almost missed her (him?). I'm waiting to see if we get a third.

Poor Cali, I felt so sorry for her when the contractions started, she wailed loud enough for the world to hear. I actually sat with her and coached her, stroking her the whole time. She'd turn around and give me a lick every now and then, and she purred between the contractions. At one point I even found myself counting the seconds between them. Good grief!

DS didn't want anything to do with the miracle of birth, he went straight to his room when the loud meowing started, occassionally popping his head in the door to ask "do we have one yet?" When the first was born, I called him in. He turned 2 shades of pale when he saw this slimey, wet creature. HA! He refuses to touch them right now, but I'll bet that tomorrow while I'm at work, he'll suddenly become a great nurse!

The miracle of birth...it's the most wonderous event that one can ever witness, isn't it? I've already said a little prayer that these babies grow up in a loving, healthy environment. Do you think I'm already attached to them? :)

Maryanne

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions