SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pontiachotshot

New lawn and new home owner with lawn problems

pontiachotshot
13 years ago

SO we judt got a new home and the yard was all clay and weeds UGH ! so we first got the sandy hard clay smoothed out and then trucked in black/sandy soil in and a guy that my real estate agent payed for, came out and put down kentucky/rye grass mix and raked it in ! fast forward 3 weeks ! the grass is comeing in nice ! i was haveing a hard time stopping water run off and accumulation because of the clay soil not draining fast enough so i have a few spots that are kinda bare butin other spots it came in nicely ! so now after 6 weeks the more bare spots started turning yellow/brown/kinda red and looked to be dyeing in some areas ERRRR.So i figured well maybe it needs fertalizer and hey its fall so why not get some scotts fall/winter fertilizer and some more scotts bluegrass and just over seed and so on.Well now my grass just looks bad and nothing i have done has helped here are some pics that maybe you can tell me whats wrong.My neighbor said dont water at night in this area because we get fungus bad.hmmm well i did water at night sometimes at 3AM.Because uts hard to keep clay/sandy soil moist ! its always to dry or to wet.SO i think i have a fungus and i herd you can mix milk and water and it will kill it ? i am game because thats a cheap way to do it ! and i have spent way to much allready LOL.I wonder if i got this fingus because he didint use any fertalizer at all ? or maybe its that and the clay soil ? here are some pics ! PLEASE PLEASE HELP i am at my witts end.

{{gwi:119683}}

{{gwi:119685}}

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting