SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 2 August 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

I'm not being morbid, just join the babes on their journey; they are not alone! I refuse to forget them!

I'm not sure why, I think because our first day of school is quickly approaching (11 more days), but for the last three days I've left for the workday on my way to pick up my son at camp, I am so exceedingly glad I didn't live in Beslan, Russia on September 1-3, 2004. I cannot stop thinking about School Number 1 and the terrifying things which happened to the most fragile of humans by the most horrific of our species. I'm still hearbroken for those teachers, grandmothers, fathers, baby boys, mothers, big girls, each and every one who knew they were going to die. Or worse, the mothers who had to leave the gym with babies in tow, but left behind the older sibling to die (or the one who died with the older sibling, but left a babe orphaned) choosing the fate better left chosen to Another; what a horrible decision to be faced with for the rest of their lives. It's just been nibbling at my psyche for these last few days.

To top it off, today, when I read "...but at least four submerged vehicles had been located with sonar, officials said. 'We have a number of vehicles that are underneath big pieces of concrete, and we do know we have some people in those vehicles'", I just wanted to shut down. How horrible a site for the person operating the sonar. Worse, you know at least some of the "occupants" are kids. Even if the school bus kids survived, the next child's parent(s) didn't. I guess I'm on an "we're alive and I get to hold my baby", kind of thought kick. I love him so so so much and hurt when he hurts. But he's here and I get another chance to touch him again, on a day where I am remembering those who died with very little life lived. Poor dear ones. Saying my prayers for them.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions