SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 11 December 2007

16 years ago

What an oxymoron! One shouldn't sweat when Christmas shopping. I just can NOT believe how high the temperatures are yet again. Record breaking year, that's all there is to it. I opened the door to decide which jacket to wear, but ultimately, I chose none yesterday and today.

Failing my pulmonary function test miserably last week (when it was 26 degrees! and probably why I failed it), my nurse practioner upped the asthma meds to include an inhaled steroid. I am completely wary of steroids, but she assures me inhaled don't have the same side effects as systemic. Knowing I am the heaviest I've been because I still can't exercise without losing my breath, and still not medicated enough, using my rescue inhaler averaging 3 times a week... I acquiesced. I love being able to finally say good morning to the Vets (who deserve the best hello you can give them!) without huffing and puffing at them as I pass through Nashville's VA hospital. I have decided to start taking the stairs at work, building up over time, starting at the 7th floor ending on 12th. I did it for the first time at lunch yesterday and when I got to the top I was out of breath, but the right kind. It felt right. I was so excited. I'm normal again! My allergy medications have fixed all the allergies, and I can wear my contacts and makeup again. Closer and closer to myself, I feel connected to who I am again. I just can't even imagine what it will feel like to have energy again. I'm so completely happy. The world is all new.

Shoot, I may even make 2 As next time with my energy level higher. I made a B+ in a class I was absolutely certain I made a C in. I'll take it, put me on the Dean's list. Yea. I have 6 classes left. By the time I get enrolled at Vanderbilt, I'll probably have 2. But if I'm here, I can leave work and come back with less interruption than if I have to take it there and miss loads more work. At MTSU, I would have to leave before my usual 7:30 start time and wouldn't get back until 10. At Vanderbilt. I could start at 7, run down stairs at 7:55 and be back at 9:05. At least, in my dreams. We'll see. My degree would still officially be from MTSU, but just figuring out that "how do I get the last two classes given only at 8am" problem tackled is good enough!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions