SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 17 December 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

As promised, the tub swimming picture. Go check out the gallery for mine and others so we can keep this gallery!

Late last week when trying to fill LF's ADHD medication, I was grilled by the partner to the physician who has been caring for him. Nicci left and I really miss her. I've never ever never ever liked this person. She butts in where she doesn't belong and gives blanket answers to everything, obviously never stopping to read by little fella's charts. For example, when he was a wee little itsy-bitsy lad, he had to have acid reflux medicine until his valve finshed developing. In-between Nicci arriving and the physician before departing, we called for a refill. The nasty MD decided she needed to see him before she'd issue it. Whattha?!! He'd been seen, diagnosed and treated for months, so why did she need to see him? Money-grubbing, slacking, controlling! I digress. This week, the control-monger decided it was necessary for an entire exam before issuing any more ADHD meds. Although, again, he'd been seen, diagnosed and treated for months by Nicci. We still won't see control-monger, but decided to follow the advice as Ed had missed the regular annual exam a couple of weeks ago. Not the right reason, but the right course of action, so... Ok to that.

Although able to answer all the questions in the right ways (we always let him answer and qualify anything not clear), he still doesn't measure up. He's always been undertall. But he's been steadily declining when compared to his age/gender group. He's gone from 25% to 15% to 3%; 97% of boys his age are taller than he is. What's more important? His growth curve is now looking like a limp noodle, backwards cane. Not upwards, but a "lack of growth" if you will. It can be an indication of underlying undiagnosed diseases, mostly relating to varying degrees of renal failure. We spent the last half of the day getting stuck, x-rayed and tested. On the bright side, he's fine sprinkled with better than average on every other aspect (so not "failure to thrive", a good distinction). We're waiting now, with hopes of him being a late bloomer as is typical of premies.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions