SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caseyc3_gw

Phase 1 Complete! (Pics Included) - Need URGENT watering advice!

caseyc3
15 years ago

Hey everyone... so two days of intensive yard work and I've got it seeded! I had a guy aerate the heck of it, then I scalped it and raked out a ton of dead grass. Now I've got it seeded with Confederate Blend Fescue (with 5% KBG) and some Pennmulch for good measure, plus I watered and rolled it after laying everything down.

Now the scary part, I have to go out of town for a week due to work, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about watering... I've got plenty of sprinklers and timers to do the job, and my initial thought was to water three times a day for just a few minutes at 10am, 12pm and 2pm (that's what it says to do in my Home Depot lawn book) but we are under water restrictions and I'm worried about getting a ticket. I'm only supposed to water three days a week in the early am and late pm, will this be enough to get it germinated? Should I water every day but in the morning before the water police come out? I only worry about being caught 'cause there are city vehicles touring the neighborhoods daily, I can only imagine that's what they are checking for.

The temp here is supposed to be in the mid 70s to low 80s all week with "few showers" on Friday and Saturday.

Please let me know your advice asap, I'm flying out tomorrow (Sunday) night and need to get the timers dialed in.

Thanks for all the help!!!

ps - Here are images from before I seeded, you can right click them to see them larger...

{{gwi:119352}}
{{gwi:119353}}
{{gwi:119354}}
{{gwi:119355}}

Comments (3)