SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Sleep is elusive tonight

gandle
16 years ago

Quarter of two in the morning and I even took a Lunesta a couple of hours ago. But, I know why, got a shot in this darn arthritic knee this morning and it always affects me this way. Right now I can't remember why that does that but every 6 months or so it works that way.

We live on the busiest train corridor in the world, always at least 150 trains a day, sometimes more. Yep, one about every 12 minutes day and night but ordinarily I never hear them. Tonight, I'm hearing them. From the sound of the ones now there are 3 trains going through at once. Yes there are 3 mainline tracks and they are always busy. North Platte, only a few miles from here has the biggest and busiest freight yard in the world and it seems that about 1/4 th population of the town works for the Union Pacific.

Wish whoever left the door open for the humidity would kindly close it. It has been in the high 90's and the humidity has been in the 60's and even a little more. We just aren't used to that kind of moisture in the air

. 20% and 30% humidity would be more like it then the high ninetys aren't too hard to take.

Have been curing garlic in an outbuilding for the last month, finally got it down , cleaned up and put in mesh bags for storage. Will save some of the biggest and best for planting the last of September. Don't even remember what variety I've been planting, been so long I've kept the strain going but it is the soft neck variety, keeps better for us than the hardneck.

Think I'll see if I can find the most boring book on the bookshelves and start reading. I've got Jane Austin's "Emma", that ought to do it and barring that there is some Rozerem sleep aids that ought to be O.K. to double up on a Lunesta from several hours ago.

Perhaps if I would read what I have just written it may well bore me to sleep, guess I'll try that first.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions