SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parafly9

Who else is having anxiety about their seed? Shoudl I be?

parafly9
16 years ago

As you know or probably now, I planted the Elite KBG blend via slit seeder on Memorial Day. Today is Day #10, and I am starting to get kinda nervous. I have grass germinating in certain areas (particularyl, areas where there is a deeper level of compost and areas where there is a little shade or where the soil was uneven and the slits went deeper) but a lot of my lawn looks like there is nothing at all. If I look veyr closely there are areas where there are tons of seeds sprouting and others where there is, well, nothing yet.

I'm thinking I might be a little premature for worrying but I had the water issues in the beginning of this momentous ordeal and had a hard time keeping my seeds watered due to my well. The issue is still there, but luckily we had some rain and I have had a good four days of decent watering now.

Every sprinkler head has a nice ring around it of grass that started to show up on Saturday. when the sprinklers recess they pop a little water on th esurface and apparently that was more soaknig than my lawn was getting cause it looks great there!

Anyway - what's normal for Day 10? My slighly shadier areas are showinig germination, along with all non-direct sunlight areas. I think that is because my lack of water mean thtat these areas stayed the dampest the longest. At what point should I see grass growing everywhere in the yard?

Talk about anxiety. Phew. How are others coming along who planted at the same time?

Comments (14)