SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meaniegreen_gw

Moles. voles or......

meaniegreen
16 years ago

I have read through several of the threads on this, but still not sure about a few things. What we are seeing is raised lines of grass/dirt - may follow the edge of the driveway or sidewalk but also may meander through a spot in the yard. They do compress if you step on them and if they get wet, such as after watering, you will actually sink into them. We also have areas where there are just many smallish holes but these seem to develop after the tunnels so my guess is that this is an opportunist rather than the primary culprit. We do see chipmunks in the yard. I have NOT seen anything I would describe as a mound - like I picture a prairie dog mound appearance. I hope this describes well enough for someone to help me decide what it is since the treatment could be different.

So THEN what do we do? Traps seem to be getting the biggest votes from what I have read. Do the sonic machines work at all? (They are not cheap, but neither are the "worms" which one neighbor recommended!) I am pretty discouraged with this but willing to enact a plan consistently longterm if I can just have some confidence that something will work. What about pest control services, like Terminix type thing? I have been told that planting allium helps deter longterm.

Really appreciate all the help you guys are!

mel j

Comments (9)