SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kopellimonster

HELP! i don't know what to do with my yard!

kopellimonster
13 years ago

Hi there! i need some serious help with my yard. i bought my house a little over 3 years ago, at that time they had put sod in but i doubt that they had prepped the land appropriately (as with other things in the house). my plan has been to completely redo the backyard at some point but due to other home improvements this has been put on the back burner.

i live in the city so the yard is probably less than 2000sf. when i moved in, there was mature tree of some sort that is pretty much a giant weed and a couple of large wild rose bushes in the yard. over the last couple of years the grass and mulched areas have been increasingly hard to keep them even sub-par condition.

i was sent overseas for work this summer and pretty much had to let the yard fend for itself. just before leaving i had the tree and rose bushes removed. as expected i came back to a dormant lawn (no irregation in the backyard) and LARGE weeds and mini trees all over. i still plan to redo the yard but cannot financially afford to do the full build out that i want to do at this time.

i am wondering if it would be a good idea to get a bunch of round up and rent a rototiller and wipe the back yard out and reseed before the fall. does anyone have any advice on this? the soil is very hard and lumpy back there and the tree sprouts are all over the grassy and mulched areas. my thought would be to just till the mulched area in as well as the distinction of the 2 areas does not do anything for me.

thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!

Comments (3)