SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin's

endorphinjunkie
17 years ago

OK, I've had enough vacation and am ready to go back to work. Unfortunately the summer semester won't start until the end of the month.

Went to West Nashville earlier in the week to pick up a new special trailer specifically built for an 18 catamaran. Was totin' the big cat on a trailer it wasn't really designed for. The old trailer was only good for a couple of miles to the river and back. This new trailer is for long range plans, say Gulf Shores or Dauphin Island. I drove home on the Natchez Trace for most of the way. The surrounding country side and small towns of Nashville look productive. As opposed to small towns who are not satellites of a big city.

The summer thunder boomers are early this year. I am listening to rolling booms and rumbles all around the compass. If you believe in weather weasels we are in a drought here in the Valley. But it has rained enough over my house that I haven't had to water anything, especially the muscadines.

The heat induced storms should end around sundown, or just before, when the heat of the day has left for the evening. I'm hoping to get the kayak out on First Creek or Second Creek before dark to set a few crawdad traps. How did First and Second Creeks get their names? Why, they are the first and second creek you get to on the way to Florence.

Probably won't leave for Florida until Thursday or so. Dad won't ride in my car so we are taking his. That means I can't take either of the sailboats, his car doesn't have towing capability. Hmmm, but we can strap a kayak or surfboard on the top, no problem. Wonder is the storm off east of Florida is still kicking up waves...

I've written a few more poems. Some come from earlier musin's I have done here. When I get enough for a small book, I think I will take up John on his offer to edit them.

Steaks are thawing for summer, but I can't get up the energy to be creative with them today. It's all ready too hot to cook in the kitchen, so it will be the grill on the patio this evening.

I'm bored. Beware.......

Elia

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions