SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Daffodils are going. Finally.

meldy_nva
13 years ago

I was up early this a.m., not surprising. Went out and pulled weeds from neglected shade bed, started about 0630 (that's surprising). Next door neighbor came over to lean on the fence about 0800, so I stopped pulling and went to the fence to catch up on the local gossip. She waves to everyone who passes by... and knows them by name; she's very much an extrovert :).

One of the local walkers strolled by, getting a wave and hello from neighbor. Neighbor calls walker over to join us; we had been discussing the fate of some of the daffies growing along my fence. (I've mostly ignored them for several years, white is not my favorite daffy color.) Neighbor gets lightbulb expression and big grin, and asks walker if she'd like some free daffodils. Walker gets big grin and sounds enthusiastic to be the recipient. I get big grin: the daffies are finally going to a better home - away from my fence. Walker wants as many bulbs as I will spare.

Heh. The last time I divided them, a small clump averaged 100 bulbs. I've got about 20 humongeous clumps to get rid of... Would it be considered cruel to give all them to the unsuspecting walker??

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions