SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivers_mama

Please allow me to pick your brain...

rivers_mama
17 years ago

I am passionate about sustainability, organic gardening and especially appreciate edibles. I am a young (25yo,) currently single mother. I struggle with money and really just want a home with a GARDEN! I want to grow organic food, prepare meals and feed them to people. (There is a question here...bear with me...) I've heard of a restaurant/garden in the San Juan Islands. It sounds like a dream. I dream of the simplicity of fresh, flavorful fruits and vegetables. I want to share my knowledge and my food with others. I need a JOB I feel devoted to. I don't want to "farm" one vegetable on dozens of acres. I want to tend the Garden of Eden. I am a "do-it-yourselfer" at heart. I have virtually no capital for a business and just don't know what to do. But one thing's for sure. I am tired of letting another Spring go by with no soil to call my own, no dirt to sink my feet into. I want my son to grow up with his own bare feet in the soil. I want him to know where his food comes from. I know I have a green thumb. I don't have a horticulture degree and I definately don't know it all. But I CAN grow anything. The word "harvest" brings tears to my eyes, I love it that much.

Here's my question: What should I do? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)