SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 1 March 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
17 years ago

Have you ever come across something that just fall in love with, but cannot remember how you found it? I found a paperdoll website, someone named Liana Kerr, that's really a blog. It's very fun relaxing, acceptable escapism. Speaking of which, why are some things ok to escape with and some are not? I've been in a funk lately. I had surgery to make it so that I can physically no longer have babies. We were finished anyhow, but it seems so final. I keep wanting to escape. I know I shouldn't, as one can't finish grieving, but it's so much more fun to eat, drink and be merry. Wish I could wear the outfits those dolls wear, they're beautiful!

One day, LF was sitting in my conference room (adjacent to my office), reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea while waiting for me to finish up one day during Christmas break. Dr. came out of his office and exclaimed, "That's my favorite! I have the movie, so when you finish reading the book, ask, you can borrow it". He finished reading it this week and he was so excited. We got out the piece of paper to write the note. Guided by me, he wrote: "Dear Dr. R, I have finished reading 20,000 Leagues under the Sea". May I please borrow (actually, he wrote have and I had to explain he was only borrowing it) your movie". I stopped realizing he'd never written a closing on a note. I explained some people write sincerely or cordially, before I could say anything more, he said "I know! I'll write (and he wrote), Your friend, Edward". No mother was more proud at that moment, his closing was way better than anything I would've suggested. D really laughed at the sweet kindness the next day. He needed that. How can someone I've raised be so wonderful??? Despite, I guess.

E is enjoying his big time promotion and the raise. He's so amazed that when he asks someone to do something, they jump to it and get it done right then. Why didn't he notice they did that before, just out of respect. This job is doing wonders for the man I remember. He really was a proud guy. So much happened so quickly after we married he just lost his bearing in this world. He's steering straight now.

The sun is shining ealier in the day now, the trees are blooming, the daf are yellow open faced now. Spring is here.

Here is a link that might be useful: paperdolls

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions