SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 7 March 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
17 years ago

We came home to a better house last night. The weather was delightful and so I decided to knock the winter dust and dirt off of the sideyard table and raise the umbrella. Not that it's hot enough to need shade, but it added to the ambience. LF did his homework while I planted the sweet pea vines and his science experiment bean vine. He's now figured out loamy soil is best for beans, rather than sand or sand/loam. And I got a vine out of the deal. Although, the frost may get it yet. Nontheless, I got to spend time clearing this, and moving that, planning all the new things to do in the yard. I really hope to get to clear out the weeds and sprinkle grass seed there this weekend. Last Friday we had our door kicked in. Yesterday afternoon, the handyman repaired the door, put a deadbolt on and fixed the outer screen door's frame. Upon return from work and school, Ed, LF and I each spent time opening and closing each of the two doors with delight! It takes so little.

Dinner was pork tenderloin sliced and served with a balsamic reduction, with asparagus and sweet potoato fries. Well, for the adults. LF had oranges, peas and mac/cheese. Kids, they have no idea what they're missing. LF went to bed and I read how Peter was older, Edmund saved them all by smashing the witch's wand and Aslan told Lucy to move on to others with her cordial so that no one else had to die [due to Edmund's foolishness]. Which reminds me, LF was to go to school as his favorite literary character last Friday and he went as Aslan. Ed had him dry his hair, gunked with gel, upside down and his mane was the talk of the school. He ate up the good attention. But I digress, Ed and I finished watching Memoirs of a Geisha once LF went to bed. I'll always remember it as the movie interrupted a thousand times by law enforcement.

Today is the first day I've felt pretty good in I can't remember when. I've had a moderate strain/sprain of my right knee for about two and half weeks. After surgery Feb 9th, my eyes were fried, but today I can see, fully. And I've quit bleeding from my surgery. So I almost feel younger than I did a month ago. Yea! My funk is almost over. Tonight will be rotisserie chickens seasoned with cajun seasoning and cauliflower au gratin made with Gruyere.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions