SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

New Family Member

jazmynsmom
17 years ago

I've been wanting to get a Betta fish for a while. The last one we had lived three years and was a wonderful, beautiful, low maintenance pet. My challenge was that I knew Kotex would be an issue. She's forever molesting my plants and moaning at the birdfeeders... I knew I'd have to get a kitty-proof container that would hold at least a gallon of water if this thing was going to work out.

So last night, I plunked the new fishie in an empty room. I came back in five minutes to see the {{gwi:146148}} had assembled. Kotie spent a lot of time {{gwi:146149}}, trying to figure out a way in. She even tried {{gwi:146150}} (and Izzy stood behind her to encourage her... these two work in cahoots!)

{{gwi:146151}}, just staring at the little guy and making soft, longing noises. I think she's finally accepted that she can't eat him. Now she just {{gwi:146152}}.

Since Kotie seems to like the fishie the most, I let her pick out a name for him. His name is "Meow." I tried to suggest a lot of other names to her, but she was very insistent...

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions