SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martinamarie88

I'm Blessed With A Constant Blooming Phalaenopsis

Martinamarie88
11 years ago

Hi, I am very new to this forum as well as to Orchids. I love Orchids very much and this is my first time I have one of my own to look after. I purchased a Yellow/ Pink Phalaenopsis back in August 2012 for my office and I've had great success with it. When I brought it in my office it had 6 beautiful blooms on it and when those 6 died and fell off a new leaf sprouted and 2 new blooms came almost immediate (Both sets of blooms lasted 3 months each for a total of 6 months of blooming). Now that those 2 blooms have died and fell off a new leaf has sprouted again and I can see a new Bloom coming. I am very happy that the plant keeps on blooming, but I am wondering if it's too much for my Orchid. I have read online that constant blooming can be too much for a Phalaenopsis Orchid and that it should be cut down. I water it twice a week (Monday and Friday) Do you think I am taking good care of my Phalaenopsis or should I be doing something different?

P.S. I have attached a Photo that I took about 6 weeks ago of my Beautiful Phalaenopsis Orchid.

Comments (24)