SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Friday Journal....Another Weekend Upon Us

calliope
16 years ago

Didja ever have one of those days when common sense told you to just crawl back in bed and pull the covers over your head and try again tomorrow? I just had one, but being the procrastinator put off the loose ends to the last business day of the week, because I work better under pressure. Argh.

I think it's Cabin Fever setting in, and the seams are staring to unravel a little. We have had snows about every day this week, and the only clearing we had was long enough to see the lunar eclipse, therefore I shouldn't gripe. But, for the last two days, the snow has been interspersed with freezing rain, either in droplets or chunks, and it's like the world has been run over with a giant Zamboni. Even 4WD is a joke.

I've jumped up from supper to bake cookies, and pitched the good nutritious food on my plate then scarfed down a dozen cookies and a mug of milk in it's place. I even burnt my tongue, because I couldn't wait for them to cool down.

I backed up my jeep illegally on a steep hill in the city because at the very bottom was a six lane road with heavy traffic and I had this gut instinct I was about to become a bobsled. I hate it when I do that. LOL.

I laughed when a tender plant delivery I've been expecting all week got misdirected to another town compliments of a certain delivery service, whom I won't mention the name of......... but think brown. To their credit, they managed to retrieve it and get it to me after dark. I thought of Janis and her trials.

The lady at the supermarket looked like Typhoid Mary as she hacked repeatedly and covered her mouth with her hands, and then pushed my food across the scanner with them. Oh God, I just wanted to take it home and dunk it in Clorox. I'll bet you a fiver it was flu. The bagger was a kind old gent with the worse toupee I have ever seen in my life. It perched on his head like Dan'l Boone's cap without the tail. He kept stuffing my things in plastic bags, and I kept pulling them out and putting them directly in my cart. Why does a bag of fruit need to be in another bag?

I go out to feed my chickens and can tell you voles or moles are alive and well under the glacier that used to be my turf. The tunnels were under the snow/ice but they weaved around the area and were visible as shadows from above. When it melts, I know the dh will have a spasm.

And I lugged home Easter Candy for pity's sake and put them in goblets on the counter. It's a month to Easter, and I'll have emptied those goblets and refilled them at least five times before then. If I get insomnia tonight, they won't even see the light of day.

The weather had better break pretty soon.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions