SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I don't think that I will go there anymore

gandle
12 years ago

The semi-invalid neighbor lady that lived next door to us for almost 40 years was moved to an assisted living home about a year ago. George and I helped her after her husband died, he always mowed her lawn and kept the sidewalks cleared of snow. He even had to climb a ladder in the middle of winter to a second floor bathroom when she fell and we had to help her.

I've been going to see her weekly taking magazines or some baked items or flowers in season. The last two visits she didn't turn the TV down so we could talk and she finally said did you know my mother died last week and they wouldn't let me go to the funeral. Her mother died almost 20 years ago. She went on to say that Johnny, her husband was there this morning and was going to take her home tomorrow. Johnny died probably 8 years ago and I am not sure she knew who I was.

You hate to abandon someone like that but I'm not sure that my visit didn't upset her more than sitting there and staring at the TV.

She really didn't make hardly any friends that would come visit her and maybe she is better off just staring at her TV.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions