SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 14 January 2010

rob333 (zone 7b)
14 years ago

Ed and the lawyers' idea didn't work, the house is getting sold. It won't sell for a profit, it won't break even. picture Maxwell Smart saying, Missed it by that much! It may as well have the missed the mark by $60,000 and I had gone with my life forever ago. But I thought it'd at least breakeven... I really did. Naive as ever. I'm going to rent for at least a year. I could very likely get back into a house within a few months (creditwise), but really, I'd rather get back to being debtfree; I miss that stress free life. I've found loads of cute bungalows just like mine, two are even close to where I live presently. One has tall beautiful ceilings, transoms, and LF is excited there is a fireplace in his bedroom. Built in 1900 and it has the character a place like that should. They've retained the feel except the kitchen and bathroom. Those are all new appliances and things that probably used or leak or sag. The floor in the livingroom and bedrooms are softly worn original hardwood floors. It's so sweet. The woman across the street looked to be a single mom who spoke nicely to us as we left and she had a son. One block away is another adorable house, so sunny and warm. It's painted yellow with red shutters and all it needs is a window box or two filled with geraniums. And I can save loads of money/pay off loads of debt. The one across town is identical to the one I am living in. Identical square footage, same floorplan... Actually, it's eerie. It has all new appliances too. It's two streets down from the street GranMrs used to play and have fun all the day long as girl. Nothing to be repaired or replaced. Of course my house has all new appliances with nothing to be replaced or repaired ;) The hardest part is choosing. I'm going to get a whole new life and I am ready. I've actually found time to fool around, hang out with friends after hours, and even gone back to church. Man I missed all those things! Can't wait to decorate a home instead of remodel a house. Ah. And sew. And garden. And read. Teehee, giggly schoolgirl here!

The world is just getting smaller and smaller. I tried to go to J Alexander's last night, but they were having a problem with their water. Water pipes are bursting all over town with the cold. But it was a sign! I took up the sign and went where I was led. I ended up at Chili's. As I walked in and ambled up to the bar, I asked the gentleman at the bar if the seat next to him was taken. He was super nice and a salesman so he said, "By you. I see you have a name badge and are you married?" meaning--you're not a deadbeat, so are you available? A total joke-- I said, "Name badge? Why is everyone unemployed these days? And yes, I am, unfortunately, very married." We talked for hours. At the end, we were joking about names and I told him mine. He stopped, closed his eyes, gave it a let's see now thought. He said are you any relation to Ed? Yep! As a matter of fact, the boy I told you about is his grandson. It was a high school classmate of Ed, Sr.'s. We lamented that he'd died, he told me stories of him and another classmate, both brilliant (the other guy ended up an M.D., and a Brigadier, another great mind afflicted with Alzheimer's), and their escapades in school. He'd been jovial and flirty until the end of the night. As I left to go, he seemed gratified to have been able to pass along more of Ed. I never did get enough of him, he died 18 months after I met him. He even hugged me like a family member would hug you. I told him to take care and off I went. Glad and sad to have met him. He's the last of a great dying breed. I was even glad that I've learned to embrace the nights LF is gone and am finding myself again. I've let too much of me go. I am pleased it's returning.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions