SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardengal

Journal January 15th through 21st

18 years ago

I am starting the journal this week because I am anxious to tell about getting the egg incubator up and going. The incubator is a Christmas gift from dear hubby. A friend gave me some eggs and I had saved my Dominique eggs. Also, my Mom gave me some White Leghorn eggs. DH helped me get it set up and going and now it is full of eggs. This my first time to try to hatch eggs in an incubator but I am so excited. I can't wait until they start hatching.

We should be having babies every where in the next few weeks. Nine of our does are (Hopefully) due starting around the 26th or 27th of this month and are spaced out for a week. So if they kindle like we are hoping and all my eggs start hatching. I will be up to my neck in babies. Life is getting exciting!!!!

We are getting rain now. Just a slow drizzle but thunderstorms are predicted for tonight.

I am planning to plant some potatoes before the end of the month. Hubby is wanting to plant them where we had tomatoes last summer. It seems that I have read that it isn't good to plant potatoes in the same area where tomatoes were planted before (like as the next crop). Do any of you know anything about this? I would appreciate any information you can give me.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Jan

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor