SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockhbuck

Did I kill the yard next door?

rockhbuck
11 years ago

Two months after using a weed (not grass) killer on my yard the neighbor says I killed part of his lawn. His yard is dead halfway along my yard (no separation) and near 15 feet deep into his property. I made sure to spray late in the day on a non windy afternoon with a direct spray nozzle, not mist.

The thing is my lawn is perfectly fine except where it use to be a rock garden and was all weeds- those are dead and grass is actually starting to grow there. In fact, my other lawn grass is greener than when I moved in.

He wants me to pay to resod his lawn. Would it take over two months for the lawn to completely die?

A few things to note:

1) his lawn is over 30 years old and completely overgrown with clovers and multiple grass species.

2) he wants me to sod over my old rock garden area and said that "well, now you can get this done and it'll look nice."

3) we recently bought the house (decent fixer) and I'm working on the yard on the weekends, slowly rehabbing it.

I would appreciate anyone's advice. Should we get a soil test? I really don't know what to do.

Comments (16)